11.20.2010

this is why.


fresh off the needle.
like yours, my parents' love story also ended in a messy, shitty divorce... but i wear my mom's ring on my finger, the one my dad put on her finger the day they promised each other "through sickness and health, for richer or poorer..." as a daily reminder that as often as love fails -- i'm going to try my damndest to make my story different. because...

...i want to wake up at the age of sixty - and still have love in my heart. i want to know what it's like to grow old with someone, someone i can count on. i want to have an emergency contact that's not my father. i want to be able to book a vacation a year from now, knowing that my partner will still be around to take it with me. i want someone who can promise to love me forever, not because i don't want to die alone... but because i think deserve not to have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment