3.04.2010

itunes on shuffle, 2010.

the first and last time i did this, was in 2007. my music library has grown (and changed) since then... and because i'm such a good procrastinator and don't feel like reading about color-negative versus color-reverse film anymore... here's one for 2010.

entire library > shuffle > no skipping.


how am i feeling today?
ego tripping at the gates of hell -- the flaming lips.
"i was waiting on a moment
but the moment never came
all the billion other moments
were just slipping all away
i must have been tripping
we're just slipping all away
just ego tripping..."


will i get far in life?
somewhere a clock is ticking -- snow patrol.
"i've got this feeling that there's something that i missed..."


how do my friends see me?
nonpareil of favor -- of montreal.
"my lover, i've been donating
time to review
all the misinterpretations
that define me and you."


when will i get married?
on call -- kings of leon.
"she said call me now baby,
and i'd come a running."


what's my theme song?
you can call me al -- paul simon.
"if you'll be my bodyguard
i can be your long lost pal
i can call you betty
and betty when you call me
you can call me al
call me al."


what is the story of my life?
pissin' on your steps -- del the funky homosapien.
"... now i peep your concept
ya think ya got a rep?
dance all day,
while i'm pissin' on your step..."


what am i like in bed?
heartbeats -- the knife.
"one night of magic rush
the start of a simple touch
one night to push and scren
and make believe."


how can i get ahead in life?
idioteque -- radiohead.
"i laugh until my head comes of,
take the money and run
take the money and run..."


what is my best feature?
gangsta tears -- nas.


how is today going to be?
how it ends -- devotchka.
"and you already know
yet you already know
how this will end..."


what is in store for this weekend?
someday never comes -- creedence clearwater revival.
"you better learn it fast;
you better learn it young,
'cause someday never comes."


what is my life like at the moment?
lovefool -- the cardigans.
"love me, love me
say that you love me."


what song describes my secrets?
just the lonely talking -- whitney houston.
"lonely nights filled with misery..."


what is my current lover like?
say it ain't so -- weezer.
"oh yea. all right.
feels good. inside."


what song will they play at my funeral?
how to disappear completely -- radiohead.
"strobe lights and blown speakers
fireworks and hurricanes
i'm not there, this isn't happening
i'm not there. i'm not there."


how does the world see me?
la ritournelle -- sebastien tellier.
"love is to share... mine is for you."


will i have a happy life?
little red corvette -- prince.
"believe it or not
i started to worry
i wondered if i had enough class..."


what is my theme song when i walk down the street?
moondance -- van morrison.
"and all the leaves on the trees are falling
to the sound of the breezes that blow
and i'm trying to please the calling
of your heart-strings that play soft and low
and all the nights magic seems to whisper and hush
and all the soft moonlight seems to shine in your blush."


what song plays while i sleep?
antichrist television blues -- arcade fire.
"little girl, you're old enough to understand
that you'll always be a stranger in a strange, strange land."


what is my amazing dance song?
ghetto musik -- outkast.
"tie me up, don't tie me down
cut me up, don't let me down..."


how do i relax?
inertia creeps -- massive attack.
"moving up slowly
inertia keeps.
moving up slowly
inertia creeps."


what plays when i get ready for a hot date?
hell yes -- beck.
"please enjoy."

No comments:

Post a Comment